Help! I receive a "Feature Transfer Error" or or "Catastrophic Failure" when installing a product
If you are receiving the error "Feature Transfer Error" or or "Catastrophic Failure" when installing a product, please follow the steps below:
1) Open the "All Users" folder (For Windows XP, the location is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users", For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10, the location is "C:\Users\Public").
Please make sure you are logged into your PC with Administrator privileges before following the steps below.
2) In the "All Users" or "Public" folder, right-click on the "Shared Documents" or "Public Documents" folder and select "Properties".
3) In the "General" tab, clear the check-box marked as "Read-only".
4) Click "Apply" and "OK" on the pop-up box.
5) Navigate to the "Security" tab.
6) Select "Administrators".
7) Verify that "Deny" is not checked for anything. If it is, please un-check it. (For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10: please click "Edit" to Update it.)
8) Verify that "Allow" is checked for "Full Control". If it is not, please check it. (For Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10: please click "Edit" to Update it.)
9) If there are any other entries in the group or user names list, repeat steps 8-9 for each of them.
10) Click on "Apply", then click on "OK".
11) Go to your search bar and search %Temp%, click to open the folder and then delete all folders inside of the "Temp" folder. (C:\Users\<user account>\AppData\Local\Temp.)
13) Go to your search bar and search Windows Update, click to open this program. Select "Check for updates" from the search list to check and install all important updates.
14) Reboot your computer.
Once the above steps have been completed, please attempt to install the product you were previously trying to install.
Help! I purchased a product from a store that no longer exists
If you have previously purchased an Aerosoft product from a shop that no longer exists, it is still possible to receive updates for the product using our update database providing you have the serial key. Most shops send you a serial key to your ...
Reinstalling a product with Administrative rights
We highly recommend installing products with administrative rights to avoid any issues. If our support team has advised you to do so, or you are running into issues, we recommend reinstalling the product with administrative rights by following the ...
My anti-virus is blocking a product installation
In some cases, we may ask you to install a product with your virus software disabled because one of the files in the product is incorrectly identified as a dangerous file. Unfortunately, we see this happening quite often, but of course, we check our ...
Second hand product activation
If you have purchased a used game or add-on, the serial number is likely already registered to the original owner and can only be activated again using his information (e-mail and password). Please refer to the person who resold you the product. ...
Is product X compatible with simulator Y?
If you would like to know if a product is compatible with your simulator (or hardware), please check the product page and scroll down to the requirements list. If your simulator is not listed in the requirements, you should assume the product will ...