All versions - Loading issues - Checklist
Please go through the following checklist if you are experiencing loading issues such as
- Being stuck on the loading screen
- Long loading times
- Being stuck on a black screen
1. INSTALL PENDING UPDATES
- Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand side corner of your screen)
- Select Settings
- Stay on Windows UpdateGo to Update & Security
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Wait until the verification is done
2. INSTALL STORE UPDATES AND SIGN OUT
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.
- In the Windows Search Bar, type "Store."
- Click on Microsoft Store and select "Open" in the menu
- In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the three-dot menu
- Go to Downloads and updates.
- Click Get updates then Update all and wait for the updates to install.
- Once the updates are installed, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on your email address.
- Click on Sign out.
3. SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS
- Go back to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.
- Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
- Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is
correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the
region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)
4. REBOOT THE COMPUTER
Please do not skip this step, as it is to ensure all changes are correctly applied.
5. SIGN IN TO THE MICROSOFT STORE APP
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner, then click on Sign in.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Navigate to the Community Folder that is located by default at the following location:
Microsoft Store version
AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages
Retail disc version
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages NOTE: If you have installed the packages on a different drive
than C: you'll need to look inside your custom installation folder
- Copy-cut (CTRL + X) the Community Folder
- Paste (CTRL + V) the Community Folder on your desktop or a drive of your choice
7. LAUNCH MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR AND TRY AGAIN
Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
and try again. If the problem persists check the additional
troubleshooting steps you'll find in the following knowledge base
All versions - Crashing/CTDs issues Checklist
If you are experiencing occasional or recurring crashing issues, we recommend doing the following. BOOT IN SAFE MODE AND TRY AGAIN If your last session ended because of a crash, the next time you launch the sim you will be prompted to continue in ...
Who should I contact for Microsoft Flight Simulator support?
We have listed below the best methods of contacting support, depending on your version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and the area of support you need. ISSUES WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT Lost credentials Difficulty creating an account Question about ...
Microsoft Flight Simulator Disc FAQ
In this article, we have consolidated some of the most frequently asked questions about the Disc version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You can find each question along with an answer below. Q) Do I need to download any content after installing the ...
All Versions - How to update Microsoft Flight Simulator
Most Microsoft Flight Simulator updates require two downloads to successfully run the newest version. Updates usually consist of an update to the simulator application that can be downloaded via the Microsoft Store, and simulator content which can be ...
All versions - Sim freezes or crashes before loading fully
The following steps are especially useful when the loading screen bar goes up to X% then the game freezes or crashes. CHECKLIST Before doing anything else, please go through the loading screen checklist as the issue may be caused by missing essential ...