The code provided in the boxed copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator is a one-time use code, however, it is linked to your Microsoft account. You can continue the reinstallation of the simulator by manually starting the download from either the Microsoft Store or Xbox PC app depending on which you prefer.
Installation via Windows Store
- In the Windows search bar, search and open the "Microsoft Store" app. You should be presented with the following page
- In the bottom left corner, click "Library"
- In the top right click "Get updates". This will ensure all other apps on your PC are up-to-date. Wait for all updates to complete before moving to step 4.
- On the same page, scroll down until you see "Microsoft Flight Simulator". Depending on the edition you own this might be named "Microsoft Flight Simulator", "Microsoft Flight Simulator - Preorder", or "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe - Preorder". Once found, click the download button.
Microsoft Flight Simulator will now proceed to download and install. Once complete, you can launch the simulator either on the same store page or by searching "Microsoft Flight Simulator" in the Windows search bar.
Installation via Xbox PC App
If you've already installed the simulator via the Microsoft Store you can safely skip the steps below. If you, however, wish to install the simulator via the Xbox app instead follow the steps below.
- Download and install the latest version of the Xbox PC app from https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/apps/xbox-app-for-pc
- Click the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon on the left sidebar
- Click the "Install", "Play" or "Update" button. If an install or download is required you will be able to click the launch button after completion.
Microsoft Flight Simulator will now proceed to download and install. Once complete, you can launch the simulator either on the same page or by searching "Microsoft Flight Simulator" in the Windows search bar.