How to resolve Feature Transfer & CRC Errors when installing Microsoft Flight Simulator
If your system is having trouble reading Microsoft Flight Simulator's discs, there are a few options and steps you can take to resolve this issue:
Option 2 (Full download via the internet):
- Copy the contents of the DVD that is giving you an error to a temporary folder on your desktop. During the installation when the prompt to insert the non-working disk appears, use the "BROWSE/SEARCH" button to select the temporary folder you previously created. The installer should then continue as normal.
1) Open the Microsoft store and login or create an account if you do not already have one. 2) Insert disc 1 into your DVD drive and close the disc installer should it open.
3) Redeem the code included with your boxed copy.
4) Begin the download of Microsoft Flight Simulator from the store. This will be appropriately 1 GB.
5) Use the in-game content manager to download the simulator.
- If neither of the above options are working or viable, please contact us for a replacement disc.
Who should I contact for Microsoft Flight Simulator support?
We have listed below the best methods of contacting support, depending on your version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and the area of support you need: Issues with the retail disc version • General questions about the retail disc version ...
Microsoft Flight Simulator Disc FAQ
In this article, we have consolidated some of the most frequently asked questions about the Disc version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You can find each question along with an answer below. Q) Do I need to download any content after installing the ...
Can Microsoft Flight Simulator X be installed alongside Microsoft Flight Simulator?
Yes! Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Flight Simulator X are two separate simulators and can be installed alongside each other.
Which languages are supported in Microsoft Flight Simulator?
Microsoft Flight Simulator supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Will my addons from Microsoft Flight Simulator X work in Microsoft Flight Simulator?
We can’t give any guarantees that FSX add-ons will work. Microsoft Flight Simulator benefits from the latest technologies and to achieve this transition some parts of the code were deprecated, like reading 32 bits DLLs. And in the past, some addons ...